4/06/2013

Yeah! Starting my blog with a heart-breaking story. </3


04/05/13
Edsa-Boni (Southbound)
Around 10pm


Was on my way home from office, just chill walking, still weighing if I should go straight home or go to a tea party of my friend in Katipunan. Near where I usually ride the bus going home, I went to 711 to grab things because the last time I ate was around 10 A.M.



Enjoying the hotdog sandwich (Which unfortunately, doesn't taste that good unlike in Ministop, since you have several choices of dressings, pesto for the win!) and a small bottle of  mineral water, I went out to go to the bus station.

Saw this bus and immediately boarded it. As I was boarding, I noticed that it was unusual that people are rushing to go up the bus, but I din't care that much since I was not in a rush to ride and I'm on "Soundtrippers with a cause" mode (check this link in Facebook "Ganito Kami sa MRT!" by Dace Alcala which classifies the mode I was in), but I noticed that there were noises being made by the people around me, I noticed also the people infront of me were like forcing the people behind him (including me) to go down since that he let's us (or me) think that he rode the wrong bus, but at the same time I couldn't move that much and then...

I felt that my left pocket all of a sudden wasn't as heavy as before.

Music stopped. Then that's the time I realized that my phone, a Blackberry 9300 was stolen.




 I immediately looked behind me, 3 people going to the bus station, 1 of them already with the crowd of people waiting for the bus and was looking at me like he wanted escape and the other two couldn't cross yet since there was an incoming bus that is careening on their path.

I immediately had a hunch that the two guys that couldn't cross were the accomplices. That moment I thought about kicking one of them so he would be ran over by the bus which earlier I said was careening, however, my mind weighed also that if I kick him, his cohorts might gang up on me and kill me, so I din't take the chance.

As I was already on board, the bus conductor asked me why am I still standing on the stairs going up the bus, I told him in a calm but anxious tone "Ninakaw yung cellphone ko...", he was telling me to go down and tell the MMDA people there. But I din't pursue, although the conductor was insisting, I din't, took a deep breathe and sat on one of the seats available.

Then realizations came in... Cue in The XX's "Intro" song. Seriously this was the song playing in my head that time.



  • The reason why I didn't heed the conductor's suggestion for me to go to the MMDA to report it and have them pursued by them was because earlier, on my way to 711, I noticed that there was only ONE MMDA Officer around.
  • I couldn't move my arms because I was being MANLY HUGGED by one of the accomplices. haha!
  • My brain (after I noticed my phone was stolen and saw 2 guys in a hurry to the bus station) was telling me to kick one of the i-have-a-huge-hunch-that-the-guy-is-an-accomplice so he would die, that aside from the possibility that the mother f*ckers might kill me is that, let's say if I did get away from them (if all of a sudden the bus driver closes the door because he realized that I was robbed and to protect me, we need to get away ASAP), definitely I would go to jail since I wouldn't have any strong evidence that the person whom I kicked (if ever) is an accomplice.
  • Just be thankful that they were discreet rather than being mugged like them sticking an ice pick in my body.

Oh well papel. That's how life is. 

Like how my friend papi Ken Tan said in his fb reply...

"pasalamat ka na lang that they're stealing your phone rather than the other way around. Great things come from great people, so is it the other way around. You can just imagine what kind of character those people have... sigh... no future."


Spot on man! Thank for those words. :)



P.S.

I had my line suspended since I'm in postpaid. My worry was that they might make share-a-load. I asked the Globe representative if there were transactions. Anak namputa! Haha! 300php worth of load ang nakuha sakin! Leche! Pahabol pa! NESEYO NE ENG LEHET. Hahahahahaha! Time to put password on my share-a-load service.

Hell yeah!

Lower life forms... You guys saaaaaaaaaaaak!!!! haha! :D

4 comments:

  1. Oooh, so sorry to hear that >.<
    Hmmm
    Even so, you're still lucky compared to the others who were mugged then killed. Also, if you're a girl, you might get raped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yeah. I'm still thankful about the fact that nothing happened to me. There were far worse things that happened to other people. :(

      Delete
  2. Jace! It's Jam :))
    I hope those people get what they deserve. Next time keep your hands on your valuables, too :T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Jam! :D

      Yeah. Super. Yes I will do. Thank you!!!!! :)

      Delete